The Old Stone Church 
Memorial Prayer Garden

The Old Stone Church site is the first Methodist-owned property in America, deeded May 11, 1766. It is located at the northeast corner of Cornwall Street and Liberty Street in Historic Leesburg, Virginia. 

The site is owned by the Virginia Conference Historical Society of the United Methodist Church. Today it is administered and maintained by the Old Stone Church Foundation, a non-profit, open-membership corporation dedicated to the preservation of the site and its history. 

In 2011 the prayer garden was established to enhance the presentation of the property to visitors. It also provides an alternative means to maintain this site so rich in history for the United Methodist Church. 

Those so desiring may purchase a brick to forever honor a loved one or friend at this site sacred in the history of Methodism in America. 

Membership in the Old Stone Church Foundation is open to all who share its purpose, and make a monetary contribution in support of its work. 

Click here to download the order form in Word
Click here to download the order form in pdf format


The Cross and Flame is a registered trademark, and the use is supervised by the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) of The United Methodist Church. Permission to use the Cross and Flame must be obtained from the GCFA, Attn: Legal Department, PO Box 340029, Nashville, TN 37203-0029; phone 615-369-2334; fax 615-369-2330

Background photos courtesy of VDOT.

The Virginia Conference of The United Methodist Church
10330 Staples Mill Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060
PO Box 5606, Glen Allen, VA 23058-5606
(804) 521-1100
Click here for directions to the Center